Start your business with confidence
Register your Dream Company in easy ways!
Call On 9990915659 for Quick Registration
Copyright registration in India grants its proprietor exclusive, sole rights to distribute, replicate, reproduce the work or give authorization to another entity for the same. It offers a bundle of rights – communication to the public, rights of reproduction, adaptation and translation of the work. If a work is protected by copyright, no one can imitate, copy or reproduce the original work in any other way. A term of copyright in India is 60 years. Copyright can be taken for the following works:
5. Fashion Designs
6. Training Manuals
8. Literary Work
10. Paintings etc
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION
• An application (including all the particulars and the statement of the particulars) in the format of FORM IV has to have to be sent to the registrar along with the requisite fees (mentioned in the Schedule 2 of the act.).
• Execute a POA in favor of the Advocate or the Agent
• Once the Application is submitted it takes generally a period of 30 days for the Objections form the Department side
• If any objection is received, the examiner will send a letter to both the parties about the objections and will give them both a hearing
• If there are no objections received within 30 days the registration will be done and an extract will be sent to the registrar for the entry in the Register of Copyright.
• After the hearing, if the objections are resolved the scrutinizer will scrutinize the application and approve or reject the application as the case may be.
HOW LONG DOES COPYRIGHT PROTECTION LAST?
• After copyright registration, copyright is valid for the lifetime of the author + 70 years after the death of the author.
WHY SHOULD ONE GET THEIR WORK REGISTERED UNDER THE COPYRIGHT LAW?
• It is not mandatory to get copyright protection but always advisable to do so because it will give the owner a certain set of minimum rights over his work and the protection that no one will be able to copy his work for a minimum period of time